Seoul is quite famous for its themed cafes- library, cat, rabbit, costume, fish, camera, and many more! Name it, and you will find a cafe specific for your interests! During my Feb 2014 visit, we had a fun and cuddly experience in Myeongdong’s Cat Cafe. So when I went back last December 2014, we then tried a Dog Cafe for a different adventure.
Wonder Dogs is just one of the several dog cafes in Seoul. Most of it are located in Myeongdong, which is one of the most visited area in the city. We actually planned to visit another cafe, but we had a hard time finding it, so we ended up visiting the first dog cafe signage that we saw.
Entrance fee is ~8000 krw, which is inclusive of a drink and playtime with the cute dogs. Upon entering, you will be surprised because all of the dogs will gather in the gate looking and barking to you. They know if there’s a new visitor since there are door chimes in the entrance.
After getting our drink, we sat down in one of the corners and immediately played with the dogs. Wonder Dogs has a skateboard with a fancy floor decor that appears like a real road. Personally, I feel like the cafe is not super duper clean. Not all of the dogs are 100% trained, and we even experienced a dog peeing in the floor, but of course, the staff immediately cleaned it. This is a common feedback in the dog cafes compared with cat cafes that are really well maintained. Nonetheless, we still enjoyed our stay since the dogs are so cute and the staff are friendly too!
The owner and staff would ask the dogs to do some tricks and give them treats after. They all look so funny trying to be the best performer just to get the treats! If you have budget, you can also buy the treats for yourself and ask them to stand, turn around, and even ride the skateboard.
We mainly spent our time here taking good shots of the dogs. Fortunately, Wonder Dogs Cafe has several rare and fancy breeds that we usually don’t see in Philippines. My favorite is the Pandadog, simply because he is so cuddly and I really want to bring him home.
Here’s a video of cute Pandadog riding the skateboard!
You can also check my other photos below for the cute dogs you can find in Wonder Dogs!
How to go to Wonder Dogs Cafe:
Myeongdong 2-ga, Myeongdong, South Korea/ Korean address: (just copy paste in google maps) 중구 명동2가 32-2 경도빌딩 3층, Seoul, Korea 100-809
If you are too busy and still want to have a Budget Travel Experience, you can ask me to create a customized budget travel itinerary for you or even hire The Madaldal Kid as your budget travel tour guide! >>click here.Also, if you need hassle free and affordable tours (if you hate walking and trains, and want to travel via tour bus) in Seoul (transportation only), you can check the Funtastic Korea Services (Madaldal Kid Recommended!) >> click here
For Budget Hostel in Korea, you can try Seoul Mansion in Hongdae.For other posts, you can refer to my Budget Travel in Korea series.
- Korean Visa Requirements and How to Apply?
- Part 1 – Seoul Korea Budget Travel – DIY Guide
- Part 2 – Seoul Korea Budget Travel – Itinerary and Budget
- Part 3 – Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Day 1 – Changdeokgung Palace, Samcheong-dong, Bukchon Hanok Village, Namsan Tower, Dongdaemun Market
- Part 4- Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Day 2 – Nami Island, Namdaemun Market, Myeongdong Cat Café
- Part 5 – Seoul, Korea Budget Travel-Day 3 -Self Bar, Everland
- Part 6 – Seoul, Korea Budget Travel-Day 4 –Namdaemun Market and Incheon International Airport
- Part 7- Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Cat Café in Myeongdong
- Part 8-Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Myeongdong Gyoza Food Experience!
- Part 9- Seoul, Korea Budget Travel-Notes and Personal Learnings about South Korea
- Myeongdong Wonder Dogs Cafe
- Funtastic Tours Korea- Affordable tours and Nami Island + Petite France experience