After our good and fun memories from the past 2 days of City tour, and Nami Island, we allotted our 3rd day to Everland for some rides and sleigh ride experience.
1. Heavy Brunch buffet in Self BarBefore we head off to Everland, we decided to have a buffet Korean lunch first. We can still remember how good the Korean meat buffet is from our Busan trip in Nov 2013, so we ensured that it will happen again, in Seoul. After some research, I’ve found a famous, local buffet named Self Bar.
*Update as of Oct 2015: Some of our co-budget travelers informed me that this Self Bar branch is already closed.
The place is very famous for its unlimited grilled meat plus other korean dishes. It’s really worth it for a price of only 11,000 krw. Most of the people eating here are students and locals.
Personally, I was astounded with the freezer full of unlimited chadolbagi!!!
If I go back to Seoul, I will definitely try this again!
How to go: Go to Cheonggyecheon, then exit # 4. Then, follow the map below. If you are still confused, ask help from the receptionist in your hostel so they can teach you the easier way to go to Self Bar. You can also try their other branch in Hapjeong.
Cost: 11,000 krw per person, unlimited food. No additional charges.
Other notes: AS of Oct 2015, this branch is already closed.
Initially, I tried to choose between Lotte World and Everland, but since it snowed, and we badly want to try the sleigh ride , then we opted for the latter.
We are not really super fond of scary roller coasters and thrilling rides, but the feeling of being a kid again is something I’m looking forward in amusement parks. Also, I super love to take stolen shots of cute babies in costumes! (Of course, I ask permission first from their parents).
The trip going to Everland is about 1 hour long. You will pass by a mountain range of snow! Perfect while singing Winter Wonderland 🙂
I actually like Everland since it has a very cozy and great scenery apart from the rides. During winter they have sleigh rides, and night illumination, and for spring the park has lots of Tulips!
It features a different realm of childhood fun. Just think of having Pororo instead of Madagascar, sleigh rides versus ferris wheel, and a world’s 2nd steepest WOODEN roller coaster versus a metal one. Exciting right? And, I forgot to say, that there is a cable car ride to transfer you from one area to another!
How to go:Take the subway, and alight at Gangnam station. Take exit # 10, cross the street, and stay in the bus stop in the middle of the road. Wait for bus 5002, and this bus will bring you straight to Everland’s bus stop station. One way ticket is 2100 won. You can use your T-money card for this. Going back from Everland to Gangnam is the same route. Just wait for bus 5002 that will bring you back to Gangnam.
Must try rides: T-express, Advanced Sleigh ride path (open only during winter), and Double Rock Spin
Cost: Normal one day ticket costs 46,000 krw. But, if you will be going to Seoul before July 31, 2014,you can click here to get the DISCOUNTED ticket for only 37,000 krw! (You only need to present the printed coupon). Actually, when we visited Everland, we only paid 27,000 krw, because we got a big discount coupon from the Grand Korean Sale last February 2014. Roundtrip bus ticket is only 4,200 per person.
That ends our day 3 in Seoul! Watch out for the rest of our family adventure in Seoul!
If you are too busy and still want to have a Budget Travel Experience, you can ask me to create a customized budget travel itinerary for you or even hire The Madaldal Kid as your budget travel tour guide! >>click here.
For other posts, you can refer to my Budget Travel in Korea series.
- Korean Visa Requirements and How to Apply?
- Part 1 – Seoul Korea Budget Travel – DIY Guide
- Part 2 – Seoul Korea Budget Travel – Itinerary and Budget
- Part 3 – Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Day 1 – Changdeokgung Palace, Samcheong-dong, Bukchon Hanok Village, Namsan Tower, Dongdaemun Market
- Part 4- Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Day 2 – Nami Island, Namdaemun Market, Myeongdong Cat Café
- Part 5 – Seoul, Korea Budget Travel-Day 3 -Self Bar, Everland
- Part 6 – Seoul, Korea Budget Travel-Day 4 –Namdaemun Market and Incheon International Airport
- Part 7- Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Cat Café in Myeongdong
- Part 8-Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Myeongdong Gyoza Food Experience!
- Part 9- Seoul, Korea Budget Travel-Notes and Personal Learnings about South Korea
- Myeongdong Wonder Dogs Cafe
- Funtastic Tours Korea- Affordable tours and Nami Island + Petite France experience