Seoul, aside from being famous for its K-pop, and pretty people, is also known for its unique and artsy fartsy cafes. During our trip last February 2014, we decided to try a cat cafe in Myeongdong since my sister is really fond of animals- dogs, cats, and rabbits!
There is technically no entrance fee for Myeongdong cat cafe- but you are required to buy one drink per person. All of their drinks cost 8000 krw- which ranges from hot chocomint to coffee and cappucino. This will serve as your ticket to hours of cuteness overload with the lovely and friendly cats!
The cats are pets of the owner herself- so you can ensure that they are being taken care of well by her. The good thing as well is that these cats smell good! You will really love to cuddle and take pictures with them. (but no lifting allowed).
Before you can start to play with them, the owner will ask you to spray some hand sanitizer/cleaner, and you also need to remove any dangling item or scarf from you- since the cats might play with them, and you end up having a tug-of-war match with the oh-so-cute cats.
There are all sorts of personality for the cats- some are super friendly, some are shy and will just stay in a corner, and some are snobbish.
Feel free to browse through the cute cat pictures… you can also play the video below for a real-life tour inside Myeongdong’s cat cafe!
And this is the end of our budget travel in Seoul! Hope you’ve learned several things that you can reapply in your budget trip! If you have any questions, feel free to comment and I’ll answer rightaway!
If you are too busy and still want to have a Budget Travel Experience, you can ask me to create a customized budget travel itinerary for you or even hire The Madaldal Kid as your budget travel tour guide! >>click here.
For other posts, you can refer to my Budget Travel in Korea series.
- Korean Visa Requirements and How to Apply?
- Part 1 – Seoul Korea Budget Travel – DIY Guide
- Part 2 – Seoul Korea Budget Travel – Itinerary and Budget
- Part 3 – Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Day 1 – Changdeokgung Palace, Samcheong-dong, Bukchon Hanok Village, Namsan Tower, Dongdaemun Market
- Part 4- Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Day 2 – Nami Island, Namdaemun Market, Myeongdong Cat Café
- Part 5 – Seoul, Korea Budget Travel-Day 3 -Self Bar, Everland
- Part 6 – Seoul, Korea Budget Travel-Day 4 –Namdaemun Market and Incheon International Airport
- Part 7- Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Cat Café in Myeongdong
- Part 8-Seoul, Korea Budget Travel – Myeongdong Gyoza Food Experience!
- Part 9- Seoul, Korea Budget Travel-Notes and Personal Learnings about South Korea
- Myeongdong Wonder Dogs Cafe
- Funtastic Tours Korea- Affordable tours and Nami Island + Petite France experience